We are looking for interns!
The successful candidate
This is a challenging assignment and we are looking for an exceptional individual, either male or female to recruit. S/he will have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to energise and motivate a small team and understand the importance of good communication. At the same time, S/he will be thorough, have an eye for detail and possess excellent drafting skills in English – the ability to draft in FR and NL will be an advantage. In addition, S/he will be pro-active, able to take responsibility and be sensible and loyal.
Specific tasks to be undertaken by the Intern include inter alia:
- Compile a register of university research on Kashmir either on-going or recently completed;
- Organise a series of seminars on Kashmir to be held in Belgian universities.
- Edit the KDRC’s quarterly Newsletter
- Assist with the organisation of the International Study Circle’s bi-monthly meetings
- Establish relations with other relevant Brussels-based NGOs with interests in South Asia;
- Arrange for speakers for our ‘A’ class events;
- Organise meetings, conferences, and seminars;
- Draft minutes of meetings and write short reports on events;
- Seek opportunities for obtaining long-term funding for the Council;
- Maintain the office ‘Contacts’ database;
- Draft speaking notes for Mr. Ali;
- Such other tasks as may be assigned to the Intern by the Chairman.
Conditions of employment
- Office hours are 10h00 to 17h00 Monday to Friday
- Expenses for transport and lunch will be covered by the payment of €300 per month
- International travel not provided
- Official travel provided
- Duration of internship: 6-12 months from date of recruitment
Interested persons wishing to be considered should send an Expression of Interest by email consisting of the following documents:
- a full CV
- a passport photograph
- the names and contact details of three referees
- a Letter of Motivation explaining why you are interested in applying for the post
The documents to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
On the basis of the expressions of interest, a ‘long list’ will be compiled. All applicants on the long list will be invited to prepare and submit a short essay on a specific topic. On the basis of these essays, a shortlist of candidates will be compiled who will be invited to Brussels for an interview.